Sign In

Remember Me

What's Your Favorite Brain Joke?

Homepage Forums Brain-Based Learning Q&A What's Your Favorite Brain Joke?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been doing some reading and learning about how the brain processes humor (I know, only a real brain nerd would want to “seriously” study something like humor). I’ve been learning some really interesting things:

• Humor is helpful in learning, particularly among younger students (Esseily, et al, 2015).
      • Humor is a critical leadership skill and essential to building connections and relationships with others (Robert, et al, 2015).
      • Humor is seen by some as one of the essential reasons we have thrived as a species (Nowgen, 2008).

And the list could go on and on. It’s a fascinating area of study and I’m looking forward to learning more.

So, I decided to share my favorite brain joke. Here you go:

A doctor tells a patient, “I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that you need a brain transplant. The good news is that I have a couple of different options. Your first option is the brain from a well-known and well-loved teacher who dedicated their entire career towards helping kids. That brain will cost you $10,000. The other option is the brain of a retired politician. That one will cost $100,000.” The patient thought for a moment and asked, “Why is the politician’s brain so much more expensive?” “Well, it’s hardly been used,” says the doctor.

What’s your favorite brain joke?

Not a favorite joke: Rather reporting the time I discovered that punning mania is a DSM diagnosis.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.