Sign In

Remember Me

RAINY BRAIN, SUNNY BRAIN – Elaine Fox

Homepage Forums Brain Based Learning Book Clubs RAINY BRAIN, SUNNY BRAIN – Elaine Fox

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Iliana Aljure

This is the title of a book written by Elaine Fox, Director of the Affective Neuroscience Laboratory, in the psychology department at the University of Essex, England. Mrs. Fox was a keynote speaker at THE LEARNING AND THE BRIAN CONFERENCE in Washington D.C., the past 7th, 8th and 9th of April, where I was able to meet hear her, reason why I bought her book.

She has a marvelous approach to the optimistic versus the pessimistic brain, touching topics such as personality types that appear to be hard wired since birth, avoiding danger or seeking pleasure which she calls the “fear brain” or “pleasure brain” and the importance of maintaining a healthy balance between the two. Staying on the pessimistic brain, can result in depression, lack of interest in life, shyness, anxiety, destructive behaviors and/or addictions. To avoid these symptoms before they happen, she gives tips and techniques from traditional cognitive therapies to innovative cognitive re-training, on how to rewire the brain’s circuitry (malleability) in order to act optimistically and flourish from the inside out.

Through this book, she takes the reader to understand that we can influence our own personalities, so that our lives are as “sunny” or as “rainy” as we want them to be…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.