Sign In

Remember Me

Moativational Medicine – Unique Process

Homepage Forums Useful Links and Tools Moativational Medicine – Unique Process

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Richard Moat, a life coach and peak performance expert, created Moativational Medicine, a treatment and training program that is good for those who wish to rid themselves of unwanted emotions that are detrimental in reaching balance and happiness in their lives. His plan emerged from his experiences in various fields: mind-body medicine, therapeutic linguistics, human potential, energy psychology, and quantum physics.

Moat incorporates Emotional Freedom Techniques [EFT] and Thought Field Therapy [TFT] which are based on the idea that everything is energy. The body can regain balance by stimulating the subtle energy system of the body. Chinese Medicine comes into play with meridians, the chakras, and the ease of the flow of energy throughout the body. Moativational Medicine assists individuals to remove blockages, restore the ease of energy flow, and return the body to a sense of harmony.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] has indicated that 85 percent of all diseases appear to have an emotional component. Moat claims it is closer to 98 percent. The techniques Moat uses include speaking with the client, having the client write, breathe, verbalize, and visualize, that is, finding appropriate outlets for unresolved emotions.

Here is a brief outline of Speak your Mind:

1. Be honest: List all of the unwanted emotions your are aware of harboring.

2. Make a statement: Prefix each of the emotions on your list with the words “I can feel . . .” to create a simple ‘truth statement.’

3. Express: Meaningfully recite each statement out loud as follows:
      Speak in your usual voice, tone, and volume, then
      Whisper, as if wishing to keep it a secret, then
      Announce, as if you want the entire room to hear, the
      Breathe deeply and deliberately for three in-and-out breaths.

4. Observe & test: The emotional ‘change’ has now been reduced and your emotional load lightened; try to reconnect with the original emotion and notice the change.

5. Repeat: Keep putting your truth statements through the SWAB process until you find it difficult to feel those emotions any more.

Reference: The SWABProccessis@RichardDMoat, 2017

Lisa Baker

Thank you, Jean, for this unique approach to wellness. I have not heard about Moativational Medicine. I do believe there is a link between the mind and physical health. In my own life I have noticed that after a week or two of extreme stress, I typically catch the “cold” that is going around. Dr. Jensen often discusses the allostatic load and how it effects both teacher and student. Finding an effective way to reduce our overall allostatic load is critical for learning and overall health.
      You mentioned the Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT. I have heard it referred to as “tapping.” As I understand it, this technique is a series of physical taps on the body to help with energy flow. This is a form of psychological acupressure. I found this site: https://eft.mercola.com/ to be very informative on this technique. Thought Field Therapy or TFT is based on a similar tapping mechanism. Wikipedia categorizes these techniques as possible pseudoscience. The research on these techniques are mixed.
      EFT and TFT remind me of another controversial therapy called eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). This technique uses focused eye movement to reduce the impact of troubling memories. It is particularly effective for Post-traumatic stress disorder. As with the other techniques, the research on EMDR is mixed.
      The “Speak Your Mind” steps outlined here seem easy to follow. Visualizing and breathing have long known to ease stress. I find the alternating the volume of voice to be interesting. This is the part that reminded me of EMDR. There is something about “switching things up” that can be very powerful. The SWAB steps seem easy to follow and apply in everyday life. Stating your truth and focusing on things you can control is a powerful tool in fighting dis-ease. I look forward to trying these techniques.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.