Sign In

Remember Me

Benefits of Coenzyme Q10: Some Studies Part II of II

Homepage Forums Useful Links and Tools Benefits of Coenzyme Q10: Some Studies Part II of II

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jean Seville Suffield

Performance

Recent research informs us that Coenzyme Q10 may battle fatigue after exercise and boost exercise performance and recovery. “Effects of Oral Coenzyme Q10 on Preventing the Accumulation of Lactic Acid Developing during the Exercise Performances of Endurance Skiing Athletes” studied 15 voluntary male athletes. Blood samples measured their levels of CoQ10, lactate, lactate dehydrogenase [LDH] , creatine phosphokinase (CPK), heart rate and blood pressure. LDH is an enzyme found in almost every cell in the body and changes sugar into energy. Regular and gradual exercise is considered to enhance performance and delays fatigue in proportion to the usage of CoQ10.

Reference: American Journal of Sports Science. Vol. 2, No. 3, 2014, pp. 65-70. doi: 10.11648/j.ajss.20140203.13

Gum Disease

Some early symptoms of gum disease are excessive plaque build-up, bleeding gums, bad breath, and swollen gums. According to a study in the Alternative Medicine Review suggests low levels of CoQ10 may be the culprit.

Reference: AltMedRev, 1996;1:168-75

Infertility

CoQ10 has been shown to help increase sperm count. It may also protect the egg from damage by free radicals.

Reference: FertilSertil, 2009;91:1785-92 and MolAspectsMed, 1997;18:S uppl:S213-19

N. B. Dosage: Always check with a qualified medical practitioner before ingesting any supplements.

Iliana Aljure

Dear Jean:
      I loved your posts, both of them, on CQ10, because I have been taking it two years ago. I read a wonderful book of a female neuroscientist called Dr. Christiane Northrup, called The Wisdom of Menopause, and there she suggests that the income of CQ10, helps the female aging body, at a cardiovascular level, preventing also cognitive decline and protecting form the side effects of cholesterol drugs.

Thanks for coming up with the subject because I really believe in its benefits as we age!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.