Sign In

Remember Me

Benefits of Coenzyme Q10: Some Studies Part I of II

Homepage Forums Useful Links and Tools Benefits of Coenzyme Q10: Some Studies Part I of II

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

How many of us take supplements yet do not necessarily check out some research about what we are ingesting? How many realize that some supplements interfere or may exacerbate symptoms? I thought that the following information may be of some help. Here goes!

Coenzyme Q10 can help your heart according to Alan R. Garby, MD who studied the relationship between CoQ10 and cardiovascular disease. In addition, the studies included the role of this enzyme in patients with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and infertility.

According to the 2-year Q-SYMBIO study,CoQ10 is especially beneficial for people with congestive heart failure. Results have shown more than a 40 per cent reduction in the risk of “major adverse cardiovascular events.” as well as death due to heart disease and all causes compared with those taking a placebo. The conclusion, however, for patients with diabetes mellitus or male infertility, additional studies are necessary. There may be some contraindications of CoQ10 with those taking cholesterol-lowering drugs, beta blocker, tricyclic antidepressants, and phenothiazines

This nutrient may be of value for patients with diabetes mellitus or male infertility, but additional studies are needed in these areas. CoQ10 status may be adversely affected by treatment with certain cholesterol-lowering drugs, beta blockers, tricyclic antidepressants, and phenothiazines [antipsychotics].

Reference: Alt Med Rev 1996;1(3):168-175.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.