Currently, more people are aware of the Importance of Positive Thoughts or Thinking, whether we are referring to words/expressions we say to others or our inner mind dialogue with oneself, these words/expressions can shift the thought-pathways in our brain and lead us to completely different actions or behaviors, ultimately different destiny we reach.
Consider the effects of the following three expressions, how differently you feel or form the images when you hear them, how will you map them with the mental path in your brain….Give a try to match numbers 1-3 with A-C.
The 3 different expressions:
1. He always fails to complete his work.
2. He has only completed 50% of his work.
3. He only needs to do 50% more to complete his work.
The possible matching effects:
A. acknowledge half the work done, lack direction forward
B. provide hope that already half way towards success
C. cause guilty & increase fear of failure again
*refer to bottom of the end of this article for the matching result”
In Debbie Hampton 2015 article “How your Thoughts change your Brain, Cells and Genes” she highlights “Every thought you have causes neurochemical changes, some temporary and some lasting. For instance, when people consciously practice gratitude, they get a surge of rewarding neurotransmitters, like dopamine…….Expectancies and learned associations have been shown to change brain chemistry and circuitry which results in real physiological and cognitive outcomes, such as less fatigue, lower immune system reaction, elevated hormone levels, and reduced anxiety.”
Hence we need to carefully shape our thoughts and ideas, no matter to ourselves or others, below are some examples of more positive and powerful motivating phrases or expressions:
- Let’s keep trying, keep exploring,…we will soon work out the solutions
- There can be other methods to handle it, solve the problem, we may ask someone for suggestions, check it out from books, relevant websites….
- When we/you try it on another day after regaining strength/energy, it will work out better…..
- Cheers to what we have achieved today, leading to our work ahead becomes more promising….!!!
*Matching result: 1-C 2-A 3-B